Thanksgiving is important. It’s all about family, gratitude, and thankfulness. Thanksgiving was originally a holiday to give thanks to God for the harvest.
But, today, it is an opportunity to give thanks for all the good things God has given us. It is also a day to celebrate family. Get into the spirit of Thanksgiving with the coloring pages below.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Coloring Page
- Thanksgiving Dinner Coloring Page
- Indian and Pilgrim Thanksgiving Coloring Page
- Thanksgiving Cornucopia Coloring Page
Quiz About Thanksgiving
What year was the first Thanksgiving?
Which group of Native American Indians ate the first Thanksgiving meal with the Pilgrims?
Answer: The Wampanoag
How many turkeys get eaten every year for Thanksgiving?
Answer: over 45 million
Every year the President pardons a Turkey, which doesn’t end up getting eaten and is allowed to go free. Why?
Answer: Basically, because they think it’s funny
Where is the biggest Thanksgiving parade in the US?
Answer: Houston, Texas
What sport is traditionally played on Thanksgiving?
Answer: American Football
Interesting Facts About Thanksgiving
- The first Thanksgiving was actually a three-day celebration.
- It’s unclear if colonists and Native Americans ate turkey at their feast.
- The woman behind “Mary Had a Little Lamb” is also responsible for Thanksgiving’s recognition as a national holiday.
- The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade didn’t feature any balloons.
- In 1939, Thanksgiving was celebrated on the third Thursday in November — not the fourth.
- About 46 million turkeys are cooked for Thanksgiving each year.
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Our rural ancestors, with little blest, Patient of labor when the end was rest, Indulged the day that housed their annual grain, With feasts, and offerings, and a thankful strain.” – Alexander Pope
- “He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart.” – J.A. Shedd
- “If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.” – Ina Garten
Funny Thanksgiving Jokes
If pilgrims traveled on the Mayflower, what do college students travel on?
Answer: Scholar ships
When do you serve tofu turkey?
What did the turkey say before it was roasted?
Answer: Boy! I’m stuffed!
Why do turkeys always go, “gobble, gobble”?
Answer: Because they never learned good table manners!
What key has legs and can’t open doors?
Answer: A Turkey
What do you call a running turkey?
Answer: Fast food
Thanksgiving Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Thanksgiving Coloring and Activity Book: Kids and adults alike will be thrilled with this super cute, fun-packed Thanksgiving Activity Book for Kids! This jumbo activity book contains Thanksgiving-themed puzzles, mazes, dot to dots, color by numbers, word searches, coloring pages, and more.
- Thanksgiving Activity Book: Allow your kid’s creativity to run wild with this coloring book. It has original artist designs, high resolution. A gorgeous thanksgiving activity book for kids ages 4-8.