Watermelon is a type of edible fruit. They are 92% water. About six percent of a watermelon is sugar. This makes them very sweet. There are many different types of watermelon.
Some have a green rind on the outside and a red-pink flesh on the inside, with black seeds. Some can have yellow flesh, and some can be seedless.
Click on any of the watermelon coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Watermelon
Which of these is a disease of watermelon spurred by huge humidity?
Answer: Powdery mildew
Seedless watermelon can be propagated by __?
The variety of watermelon with a sweet orange flesh is the __?
Which country was the highest producer of watermelon in 2016?
Watermelon is generally common in what season of the year?
Interesting Fact About Watermelon
- The watermelon can be classed as both a fruit and a vegetable.
- It is a fruit because it grows from a seed, has a sweet refreshing flavor, and is loosely considered a type of melon (although it is actually a type of berry called a pepo).
- It is a vegetable because it is a member of the same family as the cucumber, pumpkin, and squash. It is also harvested and cleared from fields like other vine-growing vegetables.
- The watermelon is the official state vegetable of Oklahoma.
- By weight, a watermelon contains about 6% sugar and 92% water.
- The high water and electrolyte content of watermelons make them ideal as a refreshing summer thrust quenchers. They keep us hydrated, our skin fresh, and can clean the kidneys of toxins.
Quotes About Watermelon
- “Two watermelons cannot be held under
- one arm.”– Turkish Proverb
- “There were happy days, with watermelon, and sad days of whiskey.” – Lewis Nordan
- “Pick up a sesame seed but lose sight of a watermelon.” – Chinese quote
- “If you focus on only the seeds in a watermelon, you missed the sweetness of the meat.” – Wally Amos
- “That’s all right if you’ve got a watermelon. Never let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon.”– unknown
Funny Watermelon Jokes
When do you go in red and stop at green?
When you’re eating a watermelon.
Why do watermelons have fancy weddings?
Because they cantaloupe.
What’s the difference between a watermelon and a slut?
The watermelon isn’t as messy when you eat it!
What do you call a fruit that commits egregious crimes?
What do you have left after a pig eats a watermelon?
Popular Watermelon Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Watermelon Coloring Book: As much as you love this fruit, you’ll love coloring it. Try out different colors to see what they’ll look like away from its original color.
- I Love Watermelons: Created for children and kids of all ages who love to relax and color, while also appreciating everything there is to love in life!