Gorillas are big apes that are native to Africa. They are divided into two groups — the mountain gorillas and low land gorillas. The mountain gorillas live in the mountainous regions of central Africa, while the lowland gorilla lives in the flat, dense forests of central and western Africa. Though the two types are very similar, they have a few differences. For example, mountain gorillas tend to have longer hair, whereas lowland gorillas have short, soft hair.
Click on any of the gorilla coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Gorillas
What do gorillas eat?
Answer: Mostly plants
Who was the first person to do a long-term study of mountain gorillas?
Answer: Duan Fossey
How do gorillas sleep at night?
Answer: In nest made of leaves
How many subspecies of gorillas are there?
Which primate below is not a great ape-like gorillas: Baboons, Orangutans, Chimpanzees, Bonobos?
Interesting Facts About Gorillas
- Gorillas have hands and feet like humans including opposable thumbs and big toes.
- Some gorillas in captivity have learned to use sign language to communicate with humans.
- Gorillas live in small groups called troops or bands. In each troop there is one dominant male Silverback, some female gorillas, and their offspring.
- Gorillas live around 35 years. They can live longer, up to 50 years, in captivity.
- They sleep at night in nests. Baby gorillas will stay in their mother’s nests until they are around 2 ½ years old.
- Gorillas are generally calm and passive animals, however, the Silverback will defend his troop if he feels threatened.
Quotes About Gorillas
- “It will be a killer, and a chiller, and a thriller, when I get the gorilla in Manila.” — Muhammad Ali
- “I don’t know if any genuine, meaningful change could ever result from a song. It’s kind of like throwing peanuts at a gorilla.” — Tom Waits
- “When I am free to train and free to move, I feel like a gorilla in the jungle. Then, when there are a bunch of media obligations, I feel like I have been captured and am being kept on display.” — Conor McGregor
- “It’s a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired – you quit when the gorilla is tired.” — Robert Strauss
- “I was doing comedy in laundry mats in 1992, literally where I would bring a little gorilla amp and a lapel mike and just start performing.” — Dane Cook
Funny Gorilla Jokes
What is gorilla’s favorite cookie?
What’s black and dangerous and lives in a tree?
A gorilla with a machine gun.
How did Gertie Gorilla make the ‘Playboy’ Calendar?
She was ‘Miss Ape-ril!’
What do you get if you cross a gorilla and a prisoner?
How did Gertie Gorilla win the beauty contest?
She was the beast of the show!
How did the dog warn its master that a Gorilla was approaching?
He barked g-r-r-r-illa!
Gorilla Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Gorilla Coloring Book: Gorilla Coloring Book is a fun coloring book for kids who love gorilla. Filled with more than 20 large prints, this book will stir their imagination with these fascinating activities.
- Gorilla Coloring Book Tropical Jungle Mandala Edition: The book is loaded with jungle mandala background designs, which are displayed behind unique animal images and cartoons – all of which can be colored in.