The sun lies at the heart of the solar system, where it is by far the largest object. It holds 99.8 percent of the solar system’s mass and is roughly 109 times the diameter of the Earth — about one million piles of earth could fit inside the sun. The sun is one of more than 100 billion stars in the Milky Way.
Click on any of the sun and sunshine coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Sun
Sun gives energy to the solar system. True or False?
By which process do green plants capture the Sun’s energy and convert it into food?
The Sun is positioned in which galaxy?
Answer: Milky Way
What does the Earth need from the Sun in order to sustain life?
Answer: Light and heat
The Sun is composed mainly of which substance?
Interesting Fact About Sun
- The Sun is a star found at the center of the Solar System.
- It makes up around 99.86% of the Solar System’s mass.
- At around 1,392,000 kilometers (865,000 miles) wide, the Sun’s diameter is about 110 times wider than Earth’s.
- Around 74% of the Sun’s mass is made up of hydrogen. Helium makes up around 24% while heavier elements such as oxygen, carbon, iron, and neon make up the remaining percentage.
- Light from the Sun reaches Earth in around 8 minutes.
- The Sun’s core is around 13600000 degrees Celsi
Quote About Sun
- “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
- “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Life is tragic simply because the earth turns and the sun inexorably rises and sets, and one day, for each of us, the sun will go down for the last, last time.” – James Baldwin
- “The sun, too, shines into cesspools and is not polluted.” – Diogenes
- “He who binds to himself a joy Does the winged life destroy, But he who kisses the joy as it flies Lives in eternity’s sunrise.” – William Blake
Funny Sun Jokes
How do Minecraft players avoid sunburn?
How far can you see on a clear day?
150 million kilometers, from here to the Sun.
What do you call a sunburned librarian?
What does a knight say when he sees a herd of dragons with sunglasses?
Nothing. He doesn’t recognize them.
What happens if you throw a red sun hat in the water?
It gets wet!
Popular Sun Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Sun and Moon Coloring Book: If you enjoy losing yourself in the beauty of the moon and the sun, this exquisite adult coloring book from the best selling publisher of 50+ illustrated masterpieces is sure to relax and inspire you.
- Moon and Sun Adult Coloring Book: This Moon and Sun Coloring Book for men, women, and youths is great for the sky lover or someone who just likes to relax coloring the world skylines.