Donuts are a type of deep-fried dessert food made out of dough or batter. The two most common types of donuts are ring donuts, which are shaped like rings, and filled donuts, which are round and have jam, jelly, custard, whipped cream, or chocolate inside them. Most donuts have an icing (also called a “frosting”) made with icing sugar, water, and flavorings such as chocolate.
Click on any of the donut coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Donuts
Although controversial, who is most often known for bringing doughnuts to America?
Answer: Dutch settlers
Which Entenmann’s donut is the company’s top seller in 2005?
Answer: Rich Frosted Chocolate Dipped
Which chain produced the world’s largest edible doughnut in 1998?
Answer: Winchell’s House of Donuts
What is the name given to the popular Polish doughnut, which is now being marketed in many U.S. grocery stores today?
According to an article published by Restaurant.org in 2002, what is the estimated number of doughnuts that Americans consume annually?
Answer: 10 billion
Nationally, what is Randy’s Donuts best known for?
Answer: Big Donut Drive-In
Interesting Facts About Donuts
- Over 10 billion doughnuts are made in the US each year.
- There are 10 people living in America with the last name “doughnut” or “donut.”
- Voodoo doughnut used to sell “medicinal” doughnuts, which were coated with Nyquil or Pepto Bismol.
- “spud nuts” have the dough made of potatoes instead of flour.
- Boston has the most doughnut shops per person.
- The french used to call their doughnuts “nun’s farts.”
Quotes About Donuts
- “I’m a Dunkin’ Donuts kind of guy. I also like Cadbury’s.” — Michael Phelps
- “I’m not losing any sleep over Dunkin Donuts.” — Howard Schultz
- “Donuts. Is there anything they can’t do?” — Matt Groening
- “I owe it all to little chocolate donuts.” — John Belushi
- “I’ve always loved donuts. I can’t go near one or eat one because then I’m just done for. I always want more.” — Linda Cardellini
Funny Donut Jokes
What do you call a cute donut?
Why do donuts hate puns so much?
They donut like to joke around!
Where’s a donuts favorite vacation spot?
The Sahara dessert!
Why did the donut decide to become a priest?
It always felt very hole-y!
What’s a donut’s favorite day of the week?
What was the donut’s least favorite part of its day?
I’m not really sure, it glazed over that part!
Donut Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Donut Coloring Book: Take some time to relax and unwind with this Donut adult coloring book, great for stress relief. Each illustration within this fantastic dessert coloring book for adults is lovingly drawn by the author in a folk art style.
- My Favorite Donut Coloring Book: Donuts make great art. They are fun to color and are alow calorie entertainment. This includes cinnamon rolls, chocolate donuts, bear claws, twists, old fashioned, crullers all in a pink box.