Monsters are large, scary creatures in fiction. They are usually found in legends or horror stories. They are often ugly and may make people scared.
These aren’t just coloring pages of silly and sometimes scary monsters, you may find that they are cute and ‘not so scary’ after adding some colors to them.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Monster with One Eye Coloring Page
- Monster with Horns Coloring Page
- Sludge Monster Coloring Page
- Girl Monster with Four Arms Coloring Page
Quiz About Monsters
Which fearsome creature had the body of a man, but the head of a bull?
A creature with the body of a horse, but the upper torso, arms, and head of a man is known as?
Which mythological creature had the head of a lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a dragon?
What is the three-headed dog who guards the gates of Hades?
Which creature had the body and forepaws of a lion, and the head, wings, and talons of an eagle?
Interesting Facts About Monsters
- In ancient times babies and animals that were born with severe deformities were sometimes referred to as monsters.
- Popular monsters in legends include Behemoth, ghouls, dragons, demons, Cyclops, Jiangshi, werewolves, vampires, Leviathan, Minotaur, ogres, trolls, and many more.
- Monsters can include extraterrestrial aliens, supernatural creatures, plants, and even machines.
- Godzilla is one of the most famous monsters created in the 20th century.
- Not all monsters are horrible creatures that want to kill people.
- “The real world is where the monsters are.” — Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
- “Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters.” — Stephen King, The Shining
- “But perhaps the monsters needed to look out for each other every now and then.” — Sarah J. Maas, Queen of Shadows
- “Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions.” — Primo Levi
- “What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.” — Werner Herzog
- “Sometimes mortals can be more horrible than monsters.” — Rick Riordan
Funny Monster Jokes
Why did the monster’s Mum knit him 3 socks?
She heard he grew another foot!
We all know Albert Einstein was a genius…
But his brother Frank was a monster!
Why can’t Frankenstein fly? Why can’t Frankenstein fly?
He never makes it through the metal detector!
What game do monsters play? What game do monsters play?
Hide and shriek!
What kind of streets do zombies prefer? What kind of streets do zombies prefer?
Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers? Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers?
No, they eat their fingers separately!
How does Frankenstein get around town?
Popular Monster Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Crayola Monster High Giant Coloring Pages: Crayola Giant Coloring Pages give Monster High fans a creative way to spend time with their favorite characters. These coloring pages feature 18 giant scenes filled with exciting designs kids can color with their own Crayola markers and crayons (sold separately).
- Monster Coloring Book: This is a 32-page coloring book of all kinds of funny monsters: small and large, smart and dumb, huge teeth, horns and thorns, hick-ups with fire, eating everything in sight – you name it.