A vulture is a scavenging bird of prey. A particular characteristic of many vultures is a bald head, devoid of normal feathers. Although it has been historically believed to help keep the head clean when feeding, the bare skin may play an important role in thermoregulation.
Vultures have been observed to hunch their bodies and tuck in their heads in the cold, and open their wings and stretch their necks in the heat.
Click on any of the vulture coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Vulture
Where are vultures found?
Answer: North America/South America
What does the Vulture eat?
What is the Vultures conservation status?
Answer: Least concern
What kind of nest does the vulture make?
Answer: Hallow trees
How many eggs does the vulture lay?
Answer: 3 eggs
Interesting Fact About Vultures
- Vultures have wide, strong wings. They can glide in the air for hours looking for a meal.
- Vultures eat as much as they can at one meal.
- They never know when the next meal will come.
- These big birds sometimes attack sick or dying animals.
- Vultures live in every part of the world except Australia and Antarctica. Some vultures are endangered.
Quote About Vultures
- Fear the vulture, and the vulture will come. Fear nothing, and you are the vulture.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Don’t play dead with a vulture. That’s exactly what they want.” – Kevin Nealon
- “I’m a culture vulture, and I just want to experience it all.” – Debbie Harry
- “Hate is ravening vulture beaks descending on a place of skulls.” – Amy Lowell
- “By the time I got to kindergarten, I was surprised to find out I was the only kid with a turkey vulture.” – Jean Craighead George
Funny vulture Jokes
Why was the vulture stopped by TSA?
Because carrion wasn’t allowed
What kind of luggage did the vulture bring on the flight?
Why did the vulture go and buy a rifle?
Why did the vulture cross the road?
Because the chicken didn’t make it.
Inspired by “Vulture Culture”: two vultures are boarding a plane, one of them is dragging a dead chicken. The gate attendant stops them and says:
I’m sorry sir, but this airline does not allow carrion.
Popular Vulture Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Vulture Coloring Book: If you’re looking for something fun, creative, and unique to give as a gift to someone young or old? This vulture coloring book is just the thing you have been looking for!
- VULTURE Coloring book for Adults: This fantastic VULTURE coloring book 40 Pictures has been designed specifically to challenge you whilst also helping you to hone your coloring skills in the most enjoyable way possible.