A train is a set of vehicles on a railway. The ones that carry passengers are referred to as Coaches or Carriages. Some train rides are short and travel within a city. These are known as inter-city trains, like the subway train in New York City.
Other trains can take you long distances. On long-distance trains, you are able to get up and walk around, visit the dining car, or even sleep in your very own bed in the sleeping car.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Train Pulling into Station Coloring Page
- Speeding Training Coloring Page
- Locomotive Train Coloring Page
Quiz About Trains
What nickname was given to the Shinkansen high-speed trains of Japan because of their appearance and speed?
Answer: Bullet trains
What do you call a train driver?
What are trains being fueled by today?
Answer: Electricity or diesel fuel
What type of train carries lumber, cattle, food, and coal?
Answer: A freight train
How many people rode on trains during the Great Depression?
Interesting Facts About Trains
- Trains are built to transport passengers or cargo along rail tracks.
- There are all kinds of different trains that are built for a range of purposes and environments.
- Trains can be powered by a variety of energy sources including steam, diesel, and electricity.
- Early trains relied on ropes, horses, or gravity.
- The use of steam locomotives developed through the 19th century before diesel and electric locomotives began to replace them in the 20th century.
- Cargo trains are typically powered by a locomotive that pulls from the front.
- Some trains have a second locomotive which helps by pushing from the back.
- “Be like a train; go in the rain, go in the sun, go in the storm, go in the dark tunnels! Be like a train; concentrate on your road and go with no hesitation!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Driving the train doesn’t set its course. The real job is laying the track.” — Ed Catmull
- “The trains always arrive at your station. The question is which one to take?” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “It doesn’t matter which side of the tracks your from, the train still rolls the same.” — Robert M. Hensel
- “The only way to be sure of catching a train is to miss the one before it.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
Funny Train Jokes
What do you call a train that eats toffee?
Answer: A chew, chew train.
Why is the railroad angry?
Answer: Because people are always crossing it!
Why can’t the engineer be electrocuted?
Answer: Because he’s not a conductor!
Why can’t a steam locomotive sit down?
Answer: Because it has a tender behind
What wobbles when it flies?
Answer: A jellicopter!
Train Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Trains Coloring Book: This Train Coloring Book brings the excitement, creativity, and terminology of trains in a fun way that also educates children.
- Train Coloring — a Realistic Picture Coloring Book: Take a relaxing journey and immerse yourself in creative freedom as you transform realistic coloring pages into brilliant works of art in this unique adult coloring book.