Spring is a time when flowers bloom and trees begin to grow and reproduce. The days grow longer and the temperature in most areas become more temperate.
In this season, farmers and gardeners plant their seeds as temperatures slowly rise. Spring is generally considered the period between the spring equinox and the summer solstice.
Add colors to this season in the following coloring pages. Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Spring Time Coloring Page
- Birds During the Spring Coloring Page
- Walking on a Spring Day Coloring Page
Quiz About Spring Season
What is the first day of Spring called?
Answer: The Vernal Equinox, and sometimes referred to as the Spring Equinox.
Around what day does Spring begin in the Northern Hemisphere?
Answer: Spring usually begins on March 20th or 21st, but can sometimes start a little early on March 19th.
During the first day of Spring, where does the sunrise, and where does the sunset?
Answer: On the first day of Spring, the sun rises in due east and sets in due west.
What does Spring symbolize?
Answer: Spring symbolizes rebirth.
On the first day of Spring, it is said that the day and night are exactly what length?
Answer: It is said that on the first day of Spring, the day and night are of equal length – 12 hours each.
Interesting Spring Facts
- The fall and spring equinoxes are the only two times during the year when the sun rises due east and sets due west.
- Easter always falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.
- The first spring flowers are typically lilacs, irises, lilies, tulips, daffodils, and dandelions.
- For the Japanese, the opening of the cherry blossom, Japan’s national flower, in March or April signals the start of spring.
- The early Egyptians built the Great Sphinx so that it points directly toward the rising sun on the spring equinox.
- “Blossom by blossom the spring begins.” — Algernon Charles Swinburne
- “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s Party!” — Robin Williams
- “Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.” — Jessica Harrelson
- “In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.” — Mark Twain
- “Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush.” — Doug Larson
- “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” — Margaret Atwood
- “Spring work is going on with joyful enthusiasm.” — John Muir
Funny Spring Jokes
What do you call a rabbit with fleas?
Answer: Bugs Bunny.
Why is spring a great season to start a gardening business?
Answer: Because it’s when you can really “rake” in the money!
Why was the bee mad?
Answer: You’d be mad too if someone stole your honey and nectar.
When do monkeys fall from the sky?
Answer: During APE-ril showers
Everyone has these on their face. What are they?
What do you call a well-dressed lion?
Answer: A dandy lion!
What do you call it when worms take over the world?
Answer: Global Worming.
Spring Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Coloring Book Celebrating Springtime: This fantastic Spring coloring book by best-selling artist Alisa Calder is the perfect way to relax, relieve stress and let your creativity flow.
- Country Spring — Inspiring Coloring Book: In this book, you will find 40 hand-drawn patterns from designers who are passionate about coloring. Together we strive to provide the best coloring experience for our readers and artists.