The Rhinoceros is most famous for its large horn, or horns, right on the top of its head near its nose. Some types of Rhinos have two horns and some, one horn. Rhinos are also very large. Some of them can easily weigh more than 4000 pounds!
Click on any of the rhinoceros coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Rhinoceros
How many species of rhinoceros are there?
How much has the world rhino population declined since 1970?
What are rhino horns made of?
How many species of rhinoceros have two horns?
What is the likely reason for frequent rhino charges?
Answer: Poor eyesight
Interesting Facts About Rhinoceros
- All five species of rhinoceros can grow to weigh over 1000 kg (2200 lb)
- White rhino can weigh over 3500 kg (7700 lb)
- White rhinoceros are generally considered the second-largest land mammal (after the elephant)
- Three of the five rhinoceros species are listed as being critically endangered
- Rhinoceros have a thick, protective skin
- Relative to their large body size, rhinoceros have small brains
- Rhinoceros horns are made from a protein called keratin, the same substance that fingernails and hair are made of
- Rhinoceros are often hunted by humans for their horns
Quotes About Rhinoceros
- “Rhinos are just fat unicorns. If we’d give them the time and attention they deserve, as well as a diet: They’d reveal their majestic ways.” — Ashley Purdy
- “The scary thing is that in my lifetime, 95 percent of the world’s rhinos have been killed.” — Mark Carwardine
- “The rhino is now more or less extinct, and it’s not because of global warming or shrinking habitats. It’s because of Beyonce’s handbags.” — Steven Morrissey
- “You can’t save the rhinos and you can’t preserve a culture. I’m very pessimistic. Once it’s gone, it’s over.” — Paul Theroux
- “We’re not very dangerous animals; we don’t have a horn like a rhino or quills like a porcupine.” — Helen Fisher
Funny Rhinoceros Jokes
What do you get when you mix an elephant with a rhino?
Elephino. (HEll if I know)
What has 2 tails, 3 horns, and 6 feet?
A rhino with spare parts!
What did the grape say when the Rhinoceros stood on it?
Nothing, it just let out a little wine!
Why did the Rhino cross the road?
To prove to the possum that it could be done!
What’s grey but turns red?
An embarrassed rhinoceros!
When does a Rhino go “mooooo”?
When it is learning a new language!
What happens to a Rhinoceros during puberty?
He gets horny.
Popular Rhinoceros Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Rhinoceros Coloring Book: Rhinoceros Coloring Book for Adults contains 30 single-sided coloring pages that will provide you hours of entertainment.
- Rhino Coloring Book: The 40 expertly illustrated Rhino designs in this black coloring book for adults will provide hours of relaxation and stress relief.