Rainbows are formed when light shines through water, like when the sun shines through the rain. This light is bent and reflected, like a reflection in a mirror, and this causes all of the amazing colors that you see in the sky.
The pattern of colors starts with red on the outside and changes through orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo to violet on the inside.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Rainbow in the Sky Coloring Page
- Rainbow and the Sun Coloring Page
- Rainbow in the Clouds Coloring Page
Quiz About the Rainbow
Traditionally, a rainbow has how many colors?
Which color is the outermost arch in the rainbow?
There is one place that it’s possible to see a rainbow in a full circle. Where is it?
Answer: In an airplane
What is the ideal angle for the sun to strike a raindrop to create a rainbow?
Answer: 42 degrees
Which moon in our solar system is said to have rainbows on its surface?
What is it called when a rainbow has extra bands bordering the violet edge, usually in pink, purple, and green?
Answer: A supernumerary rainbow
Interesting Facts About Rainbows
- A rainbow is a multicolored arc that forms in the Sky.
- Rainbows are phenomena caused by refraction, light reflection, and dispersion in water droplets.
- A rainbow happens when its raining in one part of the sky and sunny in another.
- Scientist Isaac Newton explained how a rainbow occurs.
- When the sun is lower, the rainbow will be higher in the sky.
- You cannot touch a rainbow as it has no physical appearance.
- It is difficult to photograph the complete semicircle of a rainbow in one frame.
Quotes About the Rainbow
- “And God said, ‘This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.” ― Genesis 9:12-13
- ” The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” ― Dolly Parton
- ” Don’t seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow. Seek to be kind, and you’ll find the rainbow follows you.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”― Maya Angelou
- “Happiness doesn’t always come in pink. Learn to appreciate the rainbow.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,
- “It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow.” ― Cinderella
Funny Rainbow Jokes
I was caught stealing a rainbow once
Ended up getting thrown in prism
What’s black, white, and rainbow all over?
A zebra that works at a paint shop!
What do you call a magician wearing a rainbow-colored suit?
What do clouds like to wear?
What the sound of a rainbow laughing?
Hue hue hue hue
Rainbow Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Big, simple, and easy Rainbow coloring: Cute rainbow coloring book for kids with illustrations that are very easy, simple, and big.
- The Colors of the Rainbow Coloring Book: This coloring book will help children get familiar with the many colors of the rainbow.