Orange is a type of citrus fruit that people often eat. Oranges are a very good source of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Orange juice is an important part of many people’s breakfast. The “sweet orange”, which is the kind that is most often eaten today, grew first in Asia but now grows in many parts of the world.
Click on any of the orange coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Orange
Which of these citrus fruits lent its name to sailors in the British navy: tangerine, kumquat, lime, lemon?
Which of these is not a citrus fruit: lemon, pear, lime, tangerine?
About when did concentrated orange juice become commercially available?
In which U.S. state are the most oranges grown?
Which nutrient is Orange rich in?
Answer: Vitamin C
Interesting Facts About Orange
- The orange is a citrus fruit and is a hybrid of the pomelo and mandarin.
- Oranges have been grown since ancient times and originated in Southeast Asia.
- As of 2010, Brazil grows one-third of all the world’s oranges.
- California and Florida are large producers of oranges in the US.
- Around 85% of all oranges produced are used for juice.
- Marmalade is an orange jam.
- Oranges have a high amount of vitamin C.
- Oranges are domesticated so you are unlikely to find them growing naturally in the wild.
- “When life gives you lemons….they could really be oranges.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “Orange is red brought nearer to humanity by yellow.” — Wassily Kandinsky
- “When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.” — Wayne Dyer
- “If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable – each segment distinct.” — Letty Cottin Pogrebin
- “If the real world is orange juice, then art is like orange-juice concentrate.” — Martin Mull
- “I think they named the orange before the carrot.” — Demetri Martin
Funny Orange Jokes
Why did the orange go to the beauty salon?
Because it needed a peeling.
Last night I had a dream that I was swimming in an ocean of orange soda
When I woke up I realized it was just a Fanta-sea
Why did the man lose his job at the orange juice factory?
He couldn’t concentrate!
The bartender asks a man “You ever had ann orange in your beer?”
The man says “Once, in a Blue Moon.”
What’s Orange and bad for your teeth?
Orange Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Waving Orange Color Book: An amazing orange coloring book for people who love this juicy fruit. Filled with different sizes of oranges in their moods.
- Fun Cute And Stress Relieving Orange Coloring Book: Find rest and relaxation in coloring this delicious fruit. People of different ages will enjoy coloring these pages.