An ocean is a huge body of saltwater. Oceans cover nearly 71 percent of Earth’s surface. They contain almost 98 percent of all the water on Earth.
There is one world ocean but divided into five main areas: the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Indian, the Arctic, and the Southern, or Antarctic — with different creatures living in there.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About the Ocean
The oceans cover ___ of the Earth’s surface.
Answer: Nearly 71%
Which ocean is the largest?
Answer: The Pacific
Which ocean basin is the most geologically active?
Answer: The Pacific
How does water move around the world?
Answer: By wind and gravity
What type of water is denser?
Answer: Polar, cold water
Interesting Facts and Stats About the Ocean
- Ocean tides are caused by the Earth rotating while the Moon and Sun’s gravitational pull acts on ocean water.
- Oceans are frequently used as a means of transport with various companies shipping their products across oceans from one port to another.
- The largest ocean on Earth is the Pacific Ocean, it covers around 30% of the Earth’s surface.
- The Bermuda Triangle is located in the Atlantic Ocean.
- During winter the Arctic Ocean is almost completely covered in sea ice.
Quotes About the Ocean
- “The ocean is this beautiful, unexplored place. Why on Earth everyone isn’t down there, I don’t know.” — Graham Hawkes
- “Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” — Gandhi
- “The beauty and mystery of the ocean fill our lives with wonders, vast beyond our imagination.” — M. L. Borges, By The Sea
- “Looking out over the ocean you can see reflections of God.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.” — Sonia Gandhi
Jokes About the Ocean
Why don’t clams give to charity?
Because they’re shellfish!
Why are there fish at the bottom of the sea?
Because they dropped out of school.
What does a fish say when he makes a mistake?
It was just a fluke!
How did the shark plead in the murder case?
What does a dolphin say when he’s confused?
Can you please be more Pacific?
What did the tuna say to her overzealous partner?
I think we need to scale things back here.
Ocean Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Lost Ocean – An Inky Adventure: Dive into an underworld paradise of creative coloring! Discover an enchanting underwater world hidden in the depths of the sea.
- Coral Reef Coloring Book: This wonderfully illustrated coloring book features 44 realistic drawings of parrotfish, octopus, damselfish, moray eel, sea cucumber, dolphin, medusa jellyfish, sea dragon, many more.