Monkeys are clever, social animals. They are known for running and leaping through trees with ease. They look somewhat like apes such as chimpanzees, orangutans, and gorillas.
There are around 260 monkey species in the world. Most of them live in trees except for a few who seem to prefer the ground like baboons.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full Monkey coloring page.
- Monkey Eating Banana Coloring Page
- Monkey Climbing Tree Coloring Page
- Monkey Swinging from Trees Coloring Pages
Where do most monkeys live?
Answer: Warm lowlands
Which is the smallest monkey?
Answer: pygmy marmosets
What is the biggest monkey?
Which is the most intelligent African monkey?
What are the social habits of monkeys?
Answer: Most travel and feed in groups
What do monkeys eat?
Answer: While their main diet is leaves, fruit, and grain, they also eat insects and birds
Interesting Facts and Stats About Monkeys
- There are currently 264 known monkey species.
- Apes are not monkeys
- Most monkeys have tails.
- Groups of monkeys are known as a ‘tribe’, ‘troop’ or ‘mission’
- Spider monkeys get their name because of their long arms, legs, and tail
- “By trying often the monkey learns to jump from the tree.” — African Proverb
- “The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of its behind.” — Joseph Sidwell
- “The responses of the baby monkey are very similar to those of a human baby.” — Harry Harlow
- “An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men.” — Charles Darwin
- “I am not nearly so interested in what monkey man was derived from as I am in what kind of monkey he is to become.” — Loren Eiseley
- “Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.” — Winston Churchill
Funny Monkey Jokes
How do monkeys get down the stairs?
Answer: They slide down the banana-ster!
What do you call a monkey that sells potato chips?
Answer: A chipmunk.
What kind of a key opens a banana?
Answer: A monkey!
What do you call a monkey in a minefield?
What do you call a baby monkey?
Answer: A Chimp off the old block.
Where do monkeys go-to drink?
Answer: The monkey bars!