Lemurs are white and black with a ringtail. They are about 1.5 meters tall and weigh about 2 to 3.5 kilograms. They move quietly, usually at night, sometimes letting out eerie wailing cries, which some people think is the reason why they got their names.
Click on any of the lemur coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Lemurs
Lemurs come from where?
Most lemur societies are dominated by which sex?
Which lemur sings?
Giant lemurs once roamed Madagascar. True or false?
The ancestral lemur is thought to most closely resemble which current lemur family?
Which lemur has only a vestigial tail?
Interesting Facts About Lemurs
- The name Lemur is Latin for “spirits of the night.”
- Ring-tailed Lemurs spend a lot more time on the ground than other species of lemur.
- The lemur is a native animal of Madagascar.
- Lemurs are a species of primate known as ‘Prosimians.’
- They also eat flowers, insects, herbs, and decayed wood, as well as bark and sap.
Quotes About Lemurs
- “Lemurs?” Frank asked nervously. “I’m guessing you don’t mean the furry little guys from Madagascar?” – Author: Rick Riordan
- “In the morning, my alarm clock is a chorus of lemurs yelling!” – Author: Bindi Irwin
- “My first time in Madagascar was awesome because lemurs are kind of funny; they throw fruit at the back of your head when you’re not looking and then point at one another when you turn around.” – Author: Kevin Hearne
- “National Geographic contacted me about getting on their label, and I was like, ‘Wow, I want to be label mates with the sharks and lemurs!” – Author: Bjork
- “Scientists are complaining that the new dinosaur movie shows dinosaurs with lemurs, who didn’t evolve for another million years. They’re afraid the movie will give kids a mistaken impression. What about the fact that the dinosaurs are singing and dancing?” – Author: Jay Leno
Funny Lemur Jokes
What does a lion call a lemur?
Why did King Julien refuse to dance?
He didn’t like to “move it move it.”
Why did Liam Neeson rescue his daughter?
He couldn’t lemur behind.
What do you call a Lemur with a carrot in each ear?
Anything you want as he can’t hear you!
What did the grape say when the Lemur stood on it?
Nothing, it just let out a little wine!
Why did the Lemur cross the road?
To prove to the possum that it could be done!
Popular Lemur Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Relaxing Lemur Coloring Book: This Lemur Coloring Book for men, women, and youths is great for the Lemur lover or someone who just likes to relax coloring.
- LEMUR Coloring Book: This fantastic LEMUR coloring book 80 Pictures has been designed specifically to challenge you while also helping you to hone your coloring skills in the most enjoyable way possible.