Horses are really cool animals, and they love humans as much as we love them. They are four-legged animals that have been around us humans for a really, really long time.
They once represented a major way for humans to get around, as they were used for transport. They also performed many other jobs for humans over the years.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Horse Galloping Coloring Page
- Horse Running Coloring Page
- Horse with Flowing Hair Coloring Page
- Horse on Hind Legs Coloring Page
Quiz About Horses
What is an adult female horse called?
What is the major difference between stallions and geldings?
Answer: Geldings are neutered
Are horses even or odd-toed?
Where does the bit go?
Answer: In the horse’s mouth
Horses have 360° vision. True or false?
Where should you mount a horse from?
Answer: The left side
Interesting Facts and Stats About Horses
- Horses can sleep both lying down and standing up
- Horses can run shortly after birth
- Domestic horses have a lifespan of around 25 years
- Horses have around 205 bones in their skeleton
- Horses have been domesticated for over 5000 years
- Horses are herbivores (plant-eaters)
- Horses have bigger eyes than any other mammal that lives on land
- Ponies are small horses
- Horses gallop at around 44 kph (27 mph)
- “Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.” — W.C. Fields
- “No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.” — Winston Churchill
- “I’ve often said there is nothing better for the inside of the man than the outside of the horse.” — Ronald Reagan
- “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.” — John Wayne
- “A horse doesn’t care how much you know until he knows how much you care. Put your hand on your horse and your heart in your hand.” — Pat Parelli
- “I’d rather ride on a Mustang, than in one.” — BaileyAnn Neal
Funny Horse Jokes
A man rode his horse to town on Friday. The next day he rode back on Friday. How is this possible?
Answer: The horse’s name was Friday.
What did the horse say when it fell?
Answer: I’ve fallen and I can’t giddyup!
What do you call a horse that lives next door?
Answer: A neigh-bor!
When does a horse talk?
Answer: Whinney wants to!
Why did the man stand behind the horse?
Answer: He was hoping to get a kick out of it
Popular Horse Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Wonderful World of Horses Coloring Book: Thirty handsome illustrations capture the legendary grace and beauty of the horse and are ready to come alive with your colors.
- Coloring Book of 40 Horses: The designs you will find inside also range from very easy simplistic designs right through to the more challenging and complicated, so there will be something to suit all tastes.