The heart is located a little to the left of the middle of your chest, and it’s about the size of your fist. There are lots of muscles all over your body — in your arms, in your legs, in your back, even in your behind.
But the heart muscle is special because of what it does. The heart sends blood around your body. The blood provides your body with the oxygen and the nutrients it needs. Have fun coloring the following hearts in their different moods.
Click on any of the healthy heart cartoon coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About the Heart
How many chambers does the heart have?
The movement of blood through the heart and body is called:
The beating sound your heart makes comes from:
Answer: Valves closing
The atria are the “upstairs” chambers of the heart and these parts are the “downstairs” chambers:
What wall separates the left side and right side of the heart?
What parts act like doors that control blood flow in the heart?
Interesting Facts About the Heart
- The average heart is the size of a fist in an adult.
- Your heart will beat about 115,000 times each day.
- Your heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood every day.
- An electrical system controls the rhythm of your heart. It’s called the cardiac conduction system.
- The heart can continue beating even when it’s disconnected from the body.
- The fairy fly, which is a kind of wasp, has the smallest heart of any living creature.
- The American pygmy shrew is the smallest mammal, but it has the fastest heartbeat at 1,200 beats per minute.
- Whales have the largest heart of any mammal.
Quotes About the Heart
- “I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.” — Vincent Van Gogh
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” — Confucius
- “When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.” — Mark Twain
- “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
- “In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Funny Heart Jokes
- To kill a French vampire, you need to stick a baguette through his heart. It’s painstaking.
- I used to get heartburn when I ate birthday cake until a doctor advised me to take the candles off first.
- A friend told me he was making a hearty beef stew. Turned out it was offal.
- Used to wonder where we stored our national supply of tripe. Noticed that the country doesn’t have a heart bank but does have a Liverpool.
- Bonnie Tyler has released a video all about cardiology. It’s totally clips of the heart.
Heart Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Heart Coloring Book For Adult: Over 50 Unique Heart Designs to Color! Each coloring page is designed to help inspire and relax.
- Heart Coloring Book For Kids: Featuring a variety of illustrations that are ready to color, this coloring book for kids is sure to satisfy anyone who likes to color. Heart Coloring Book For Kids coloring book will entertain even the most capable colorist.