The Ancient Greeks had the strangest, coolest, most terrifying creatures & monsters mythology had to offer ranging from dragons, giants, demons, and ghosts, to multi-formed creatures such as the Sphinx, Minotaur, Centaurs, Manticores & Chimaera.
There were also many fabulous animals such as the Nemean Lion, golden-fleeced Ram, and the winged horse PEGASUS, not to mention the creatures of legend such as the Phoenix, the Griffin, and Unicorns.
Click on any of the greek mythology creatures coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Greek Mythology Creatures
A monstrous creature of immortal make, put together of parts of multiple animals, including a lion and a goat?
Medusa is by far the best known of these vicious female monsters with hair of living venomous snakes. What was she?
Name the fearsome giant who had three heads, three bodies, and six arms and lived on the island Erytheia.
A creature with a horse in its forepart and a scaly fishlike hindquarter.
Born from ashes, a mythical firebird with gold and red plumage.
Name the serpent that guarded Mother Earth’s navel, the center of the earth.
Who is the Mother of All Monsters?
Interesting Facts About Greek Mythology Creatures
- Athena defeated Poseidon to become the guardian of Athens
- Hera restored her virginity each year
- Apollo commandeered a ship in his dolphin form
- Pandora was the first mortal women
- Atlas was punished to hold the heavens not the Earth
- Prometheus kept stealing from the Gods
Quotes About Greek Mythology Creatures
- “I guess darkness serves a purpose: to show us that there is redemption through chaos. I believe in that. I think that’s the basis of Greek mythology.” — Brendan Fraser
- “They sent forth men to battle, But no such men return; And home, to claim their welcome, Come ashes in an urn.” — Aeschylus
- “Apollo, sacred guard of earth’s true core, Whence first came the frenzied, wild prophetic word.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “I didn’t study Greek mythology in school and I wish I had.” — Eric Bana
- “The muse of music isn’t just from Greek mythology, but living in people like the Beatles, Chuck Berry, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin.” — Ernie Isley
Greek Mythology Creatures Jokes
In Greek mythology, Chiron was half man, half horse. He had knowledge and wisdom in medicine.
You could say he was the centaur for disease control
My son got good grades in all his classes except Greek Mythology
That’s always been his Achilles Elbow
If you don’t have a lot of figurines from Ancient Greek mythology,…
I can give you a mini tour.
Son: Dad, why’d you name me Oddesyus? He’s from greek mythology.
Dad: Well son, you broke through the trojan wall.
I know almost nothing about Greek Mythology.
It is my Achilles heel.
Greek Mythology Creatures Coloring Pages on Amazon
- An Adult Coloring Book with Powerful Greek Gods: Our Greek Mythology coloring book brings you face to face with powerful Gods, stunning Greek Goddesses, and mythological creatures. From fearless goddesses roaming the night with wild animals to chiseled Gods ready to fight with lightning power, an exciting universe is ready to be ignited with flames of color.
- Greek Mythology Coloring Book For Kids: Discover this Greek mythology coloring book filled with pages that children can start from the first page with their favorite pencils and markers and make these images on the pages look real!