Fruits and vegetables contain important vitamins, minerals, and plant chemicals. They also contain fiber. There are many varieties of fruit and vegetables available and many ways to prepare, cook, and serve them.
A diet high in fruit and vegetables can help protect you against cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Fruit lovers will love the following coloring pages.
Click on any of the fruits and vegetable names below to see the coloring category page.
Quiz About Fruits and Vegetables
Which vegetable is used to make ketchup?
What is the largest vegetable?
How long was the longest apple peel, recorded in the Guinness Book of Records?
Answer: 52 meters
Where did tomatoes originate from?
What is another name for passion fruit?
Interesting Facts About Fruits and Vegetables
- A pomegranate can hold up to 1000 seeds!
- Potatoes were the first vegetable to be grown in space
- Cranberries can bounce
- The part of broccoli that you eat is actually flowers which haven’t opened yet
- Pumpkins and cucumber are also classed as a fruit, not a vegetable!
- Durian is the smelliest fruit in the world
Quotes About Fruits and Vegetables
- “Adopting a new healthier lifestyle can involve changing diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as increasing levels of exercise.” — Linford Christie
- “We should all be eating fruits and vegetables as if our lives depend on it – because they do.” — Michael Greger
- “A diet rich in fruits and vegetables plays a role in reducing the risk of all the major causes of illness and death.” — Walter Willett
- “I keep my diet simple by sticking to mostly fruits and vegetables all day and then having whatever I want for dinner. I end up making healthy choices, like sushi or grilled fish, because I feel so good from eating well.” — Jennifer Morrison
- “If we can get people to focus on fruits and vegetables and more healthy foods, we’ll be better in terms of our healthcare situation.” — Tom Vilsack
Funny Jokes About Fruits and Vegetables
Why did the people dance to the vegetable band?
Because it had a good beet
What is green and goes to a summer camp?
A Brussels’ scout
What’s the strongest vegetable?
A muscle sprout
Why do cabbages win at races?
Because they know how to get a-head!
What is a taxi driver’s favorite kind of vegetable?
How did the farmer fix his jeans?
With a cabbage patch!
What did one carrot say to the other carrot?
Is it orange in here, or is it just me?
What did the little cob of corn call his dad?
Fruits and Vegetables Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Fruits and Vegetables Coloring Book: Fruits and Vegetables Coloring Book is a collection of illustrations of succulent fruits and vegetables that are part of our everyday diet.
- 40+ Fruits and Vegetable Coloring Pages with Fun Nutrition Facts: This book is intended for both parents and children to use together. The facts presented in this book are interesting and designed to inspire conversations between parents and children.