A farmer is a person who is involved in agricultural activities such as planting and harvesting crops, rearing of animals, birds, fishes, etc. The food is eaten or sold after it is harvested.
Farmers may also grow raw materials for industrial purposes. Some examples of raw materials that are used in this way are cereals for alcoholic beverages, hides (animal skin) for leather, maize/corn for plastics or fuel, etc.
Click on any of the farmer coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Farmers
Your cows are in need of a dental exam. Which part of a cow’s front jaw has no teeth?
Do farmers traditionally practice monoculture, where only one crop is planted together, or polyculture, where multiple types of crops are in the same soil?
True or false: Packing as many animals in a barn as possible is good for profit, but stressful to the livestock.
True or false: Eggs are traditionally treated with antibiotics before being packaged for sale.
True or false: Dairy cows MUST give birth to a calf in order to produce milk.
No-till farming is a relatively new concept. If farmers don’t use tills, how do they plant seeds?
Answer: Directly on top of the soil
The average American farmer produces enough food for how many people?
Farmer Jones says that he uses “STUN” breeding for producing crops. This means he uses…
Answer: Sheer total utter neglect
Interesting Facts About Farmers
- Farmers often plant tall, dense trees on the edges of fruit farms. These trees provide a windbreak, which helps prevent soil erosion.
- There are around 2.2 million farms in the United States.
- U.S. dairy farmers receive less than $1.32 per gallon of milk they produce. The average retail price of milk $2.76.
- Farmers today produce 262% more food with 2% fewer inputs (such as seeds, labor, fertilizers) than they did in 1950.
- One in three farm acres is planted for export.
- Today’s farmers grow more than “food, feed, and fiber”—they also grow crops that are processed into fuel.
- “When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization.” – Daniel Webster
- “No race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.” – Booker T. Washington
- “As long as there are a few farmers out there, we’ll keep fighting for them.” – Willie Nelson
- “The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Do what you love to do, and be around things that make you smile. The cows make me smile every day.” – David Jackson
- “The farmer has to be an optimist or he wouldn’t still be a farmer.” – Will Rogers
Funny Farmer Jokes
Why shouldn’t you tell a secret on a farm?
Because the potatoes have eyes and the corn has ears!
Why did the scarecrow win the Nobel Prize?
Because he was out standing in his field!
What farm animal keeps the best time?
Did you hear about the magic tractor?
It turned into a field!
What do farmers use to make crop circles?
What is a scarecrow’s favorite fruit
Popular Farmer Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Country Farm Coloring Book: This Country Farm Coloring Book is filled with fun and a variety of adorable farm animals that kids love, it will entertain them for hours while they bring them to life by coloring!
- Farm Coloring Book: Filled with a variety of animals and other familiar sights on the farm, your child will happily grab a crayon and start coloring!