Fall is the season after summer and before winter, also known as Autumn. It’s a season in which both Thanksgiving and Halloween are celebrated. One of the main features of Autumn is the shedding of leaves from deciduous trees.
Also, during this season, most animals are looking for food so they can store up for winter because they soon will be going into hibernation.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Fall Leaf Piles Coloring Pages
- Fall Season Coloring Page
- Fall Leaves in the Forest Coloring Page
- Fall Squirrel with Nuts Coloring Page
Quiz About Fall
What is the Autumn Equinox?
Answer: The official beginning of fall
During Fall, what do you do to your clocks?
Answer: Set them an hour back
Why do leaves change color in the fall?
Answer: As the leaves lose chlorophyll, their other pigments are exposed
What major holiday takes place on October 31st?
What is the official end of Autumn?
Answer: The Winter Solstice
What are the three Zodiac signs of Fall?
Answer: Libra, Scorpio, and Sagittarius
Interesting Facts and Stats About Fall
- Autumn has also been referred to as the “hectic beauty of death”.
- Pumpkin is the most craved-for food during the fall.
- The full moon closest to the autumn equinox is referred to as the “Harvest Moon”.
- Fall has an interesting effect on many animals, in fact, each fall, the black-capped chickadee’s tiny hippocampus enlarges by 30%. This helps them to remember where they collected seeds in past seasons.
- The term “equinox” is Latin for “equal night”.
- The equinox (fall and spring) is when day and night are (roughly) the same length all over the world.
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” — L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” — Andrea Gibson
- “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” — J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, and the Deathly Hallows
- “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” — John Howard Bryant
- “I cannot endure wasting anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks
Funny Fall Jokes
What did the tree say to autumn?
Leaf me alone.
What did one autumn leaf say to another?
I’m falling for you.
What is the cutest season?
How do leaves get from place to place?
What’s the ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to its diameter?