A fairy is a magical being that flies in the air. They are usually small girls or women. Some fairies have certain jobs, such as the tooth fairy, who gives money or treats under the pillow of small children who have had a tooth fall out.
Click on any of the coloring page descriptions below to see the full coloring page.
- Fairies in the Forest Coloring Page
- Fairy on a Mushroom Coloring Page
- Fairy in Flowers Coloring Page
- Fairy Godmother Coloring Page
Quiz About Fairies
If the dentist has taken a tooth out which fairy might visit you that night?
Answer: Tooth fairy
What are the nymphs who look after trees called?
Which Irish member of the fairy folk is said to guard a pot of gold?
Elves are said to be very beautiful, usually with what-shaped ears?
Sometimes thought of as scary, which fairy can be heard crying when there is going to be a death in the family?
Which fairy is seen in swamps and leads people away from the safe paths?
Interesting Facts and Stats About Fairies
- Fairies speak in the language of gifts.
- One of the earliest claims of a person making contact with a fairy was recorded in 1907.
- Everyone’s favorite pixie is Tinker Bell from Disney’s ‘Peter Pan.’
- Disney used a real model as a basis for “Tinker Bell.”
- In traditional faerie lore, fairies are allergic to iron and hide even at the sight of it.
- “Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame!” — William Butler Yeats
- “Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” — Douglas Adams
- “Do you believe in fairies? Say quick that you believe. If you believe, clap your hands!” — James M. Barrie
- “To me in my childhood, elves and fairies of all sorts were very real things, and my dolls were as real children as I was myself a child.” — Annie Besant
- “When I was a really young child, I felt like I could see fairies. I was convinced there were fairies in my grandmother’s garden.” — Noel Fielding
Funny Fairy Jokes
How many tickles does it take to get an octopus to laugh?
What did the tooth fairy use to fix her wand?
What do you call a fairy that doesn’t take a bath?
What do birds give out on Halloween?
How does a garden fairy greet the flowers in her garden?
“What’s up, bud?”
How did the garden fairy greet the grass?
“How’s it growing?”
Popular Fairy Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Coloring Book Of 40 Fairies and Magical Woodland: The fairy designs contained within this fantastic book are created by various artists, with fantastic quality throughout.
- Fairy World Coloring Pages: These captivating illustrations of fairy folk await your creative coloring touch. You’ll find yourself relaxed and inspired while you add depth and vibrancy to each delightful sprite and creature.