Elephants are large, majestic animals that have been admired and studied for hundreds of years. They are the largest mammal that lives on land and are known for their gentle attitude and intelligence. While these elephants don’t have many predators, there is one threat that is quickly endangering them.
Click on any of the elephant coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Elephant
Elephants purr like cats. True or false?
Why don’t elephants eat meat?
Answer: Their digestive tract is not structured to digest meat!
How much does an Elephant drink each day?
Answer: 210 liters!
An Elephant trunk is similar to what part of the human body?
Answer: The nose
What is the leader of an elephant herd usually called?
Which of these behaviors have baby elephants been known to do in an attempt to comfort themselves
Answer: They suck their trunk
Interesting Fact About Elephant
- The African elephant is the world’s largest land mammal – with males on average measuring up to 3m high and weighing up to 6 tonnes.
- There are two species of elephants: African and Asian. The ears of African elephants are much larger than their cousins and are described as being shaped like the African continent, whereas the ears of Asian elephants are shaped like the Indian subcontinent.
- Elephants have around 150,000 muscle units in their trunk.
- Their trunks are perhaps the most sensitive organ found in any mammal – Asian elephants have been seen to pick up a peanut, shell it, blow the shell out and eat the nut.
- Elephants use their trunks to suck up water to drink – it can contain up to 8 liters of water. They also use their trunks as a snorkel when swimming.
- “When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it’s best to let him run.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things.” – Pablo Picasso
- “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” – Desmond Tutu
- “My roommate got a pet elephant. Then it got lost. It’s in the apartment somewhere.” – Steven Wright
- “Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is ‘elephant’.” – Charlie Chaplin
Funny Elephant Jokes
Why do you never see elephants hiding up trees?
Because they’re really good at it!
What time is it when an elephant steps on your golf ball?
Time to get a new ball!
What time is it when an elephant sits on your LEGO fort?
Time to build a new LEGO fort!
Why did the elephants get kicked out of the swimming pool?
Because they couldn’t keep their trunks up!
Why did the elephant quit the circus?
He was being paid peanuts!
Elephant Coloring Pages on Amazon
- 30 Coloring Pages of Elephant Designs: Elephants Coloring Book for Adults contains 30 single-sided coloring pages which will provide you hours of entertainment.
- Elephant Coloring Book For Adults: This adult coloring book of elephants contains a wide variety of imagery. The designs you will find inside also range from very easy simplistic designs right through to the more challenging and complicated, so there will be something to suit all tastes.