Ducks are very well known for their signature yellow coloring and those infamous “quack!” croaks they emit. They’re also prominently featured in Easter advertising and popular children’s cartoons as wacky characters that make us all laugh.
Click on any of the duck coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Duck
Which duck has a green head with a white ring around its neck often called a greenhead?
What are the two types of duck?
Answer: Diver and puddler
Which goose has a brown body with a grayish belly with brown bars and specks on its belly?
Which goose is related to the Canadian but smaller?
Do Ducks Need Water to Swim In?
Answer: While ducks do love to swim, this is not a necessity.
Interesting Facts About Duck
- The duck is a number of species in the Anatidae family of birds. They are related to swans and geese.
- Ducks are mostly aquatic birds living in both freshwater and seawater and found on every continent except for Antarctica.
- A male duck is called a drake, a female duck a hen, and a baby duck a duckling.
- Ducks are omnivores. They feed on aquatic plants, small fish, insects, worms, grubs, and more. People often feed domesticated ducks bread.
- Diving ducks and sea ducks search for food fairly deep underwater. To be able to stay underwater more easily, diving ducks are quite heavy.
- “Popularity should be no scale for the election of politicians. If it would depend on popularity, Donald Duck and The Muppets would take seats in the senate.”– Orson Welles
- “‘Duck Dynasty’ is a ridiculous show, and long may it wave. America and democracy will endure. They’ve seen a lot worse.”–Henry Rollins
- “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”–Douglas Adams
- “Rock ‘n’ roll is ridiculous. It’s absurd. In the past, U2 was trying to duck that. Now we’re wrapping our arms around it and giving it a great big kiss.”–Bono
- “The great thing about being a print journalist is that you are permitted to duck. Cameramen get killed while the writers are flat on the floor. A war correspondent for the BBC dedicated his memoir to 50 fallen colleagues, and I guarantee you they were all taking pictures. I am only alive because I am such a chicken.”–P. J.O’Rough
Funny Duck Jokes
What did the duck say when he dropped the dishes?
I hope I didn’t quack any!
What is a duck’s favorite game?
Why did the duck cross the road?
Because there was a quack on the sidewalk!
Why did the duck join the baseball game?
To make a fowl shot!
Which bird steals soap from your bath?
A robber duck!
Duck Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Ducks Coloring Book For Kids And Toddlers: Children who love ducks can use their imagination to the fullest by making these ducks look cool and pretty afterward. Big and small ducks can be found in these pages.
- Ducks Coloring Book: Ducks Coloring Book is a fun coloring book for kids who love ducks. Filled with more than 20 large prints, this book will stir their imagination with these fascinating activities.