Dogs are very popular domestic animals. They play an important role in the lives of humans and they make great pets. Dogs are often called Man’s Best Friend. This is because dogs help man out in so many ways. It’s thought that dogs have been pets for thousands of years.
If you are a dog lover, you’ll love the following dog coloring pages. Click on the dog coloring page description below and bring the dogs to life using beautiful colors.
- Dog Playing Frisbee Coloring Page
- Dog with Puppies Coloring Page
- Dogs in Bed Coloring Page
- Dog Playing Outside Coloring Page
- Dog Waiting for Food Coloring Page
- Dogs Playing Outside Coloring Page
- Dog Laying on His Bed Coloring Page
Quiz About Dogs
Is the domestic dog a carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore?
True or false? Like most mammals, dogs have a color vision which is similar to red-green color blindness in humans.
What is a dog’s most powerful sense?
Answer: Its sense of smell
The average lifespan of dogs is around 5 to 8 years, 10 to 13 years, or 15 to 18 years?
Answer: 10 to 13 years
According to the American Kennel Club, what is the most popular dog breed found in the USA?
Answer: The Labrador Retriever
True or false? Dogs are susceptible to parasites such as ticks, mites, and fleas.
Who has better hearing, a human, or a dog?
Answer: A dog
Interesting Facts and Stats About Dogs
- The average lifespan of a dog is 10-14 years.
- The most popular breed of a pet dog is the Labrador.
- Adult dogs have 42 teeth.
- Dogs can see in the dark much better than humans can.
- On average, a dog can run around 19 miles an hour.
- Puppies are born with their eyes sealed shut. They don’t open for 3 weeks.
- The most intelligent breeds of dogs are Border Collies, Poodles, German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, and Dobermans.
- A dog’s nose print is as unique as a human fingerprint.
- “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx
- “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
- “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” – Christopher Morley
- “Dog is God spelled backward.” – Duane Chapman
- “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” – Robert Benchley
Funny Dog Jokes
Why aren’t dogs good dancers?
Answer: Because they have two left feet!
How do dog catchers get paid?
Answer: By the pound!
What do chemists’ dogs do with their bones?
Answer: They barium!
Why do dogs bury bones in the ground?
Answer: Because you can’t bury them in trees!
What do you call a cold dog?
Answer: A Chilli Dog.
What do you get when you cross a dog and a calculator?
Answer: A friend you can count on.
Dog Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Creative Haven Dazzling Dogs Coloring Book: These pages contain detailed portraits of beloved dogs creating beautiful coloring books for dog lovers.
- The Too Cute Coloring Book: Filled with super cute puppies to color, doodle, and complete. Kids can pull out the pages, hang them up, or give them to family and friends to share the cuteness!