Dinosaurs walked the face of the earth over 200 million years ago and were the dominant terrestrial vertebrate for 135 million years. It is believed their extinction came as a result of changes in the climate they couldn’t adapt to.
The sauropod was the largest dinosaur. While the smallest dinosaurs were the size of a chicken and were called mussaurus, or mouse lizard.
Bring these giant reptiles to life again using amazing colors. Click on the Dinosaur coloring pages description below to get the images for coloring.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Dinosaur Coloring Page
- Velociraptor Dinosaur Coloring Page
- Brontosaurus Dinosaur Coloring Page
- Pterodactyl Dinosaur Coloring Page
Roughly how many dinosaur species have been identified since the 1820s?
For how many years did dinosaurs rule the earth?
Answer: 160m years
How many legs did the earliest dinosaurs walk on?
How many species of dinosaur appeared in Michael Crichton’s 1990 novel, Jurassic Park?
It is often said that Stegosaurus had a brain the size of a walnut. What is its size more comparable to?
Answer: A lime
Interesting Facts and Stats About Dinosaurs
- They lived during a period of time known as the Mesozoic Era, or Age of Reptiles.
- The word dinosaur means terrifying lizard. This name was invented by Sir Richard Owen in 1842.
- Most dinosaurs hatch from eggs, and they could not fly or live in water.
- The color of all dinosaurs is unknown because no one was alive at that time in history.
- There are currently over 330 described dinosaur species and this number is growing.
- “Big government is indeed big, and like another big creature, the sauropod dinosaur, the government has a primitive nervous system: The fact of an injury to the tail could take nearly a minute to be communicated to the sauropod brain.” — George Will
- “We all have a dinosaur deep within us just trying to get out.” — Colin Mochrie
- “Britain’s most useful role is somewhere between bee and dinosaur.” — Harold MacMillan
- “There’s an incomparable rush that comes from finding dinosaur bones. You know you’re the first person to lay hands on a critter that lived 80 or 90 million years ago.” — Jack Horner
- “I think most of the dinosaur specimens we find represent subadult sizes.” — Jack Horner
- “The reality is you either step into the future, or you become a dinosaur.” — M. Shadows
Funny Dinosaur Jokes
What do you call a sleeping dinosaur?
Answer: A dino-snore!
How do you know if there is a dinosaur in your refrigerator?
Answer: The door won’t shut!
How can you best raise a baby dinosaur?
Answer: With a crane!
What does a triceratops sit on?
Answer: Its tricera-bottom.
What is the best thing to do if you see a Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Answer: Pray that it doesn’t see you.
What game does the brontosaurus like to play with humans?
What did the dinosaur use to build his house?
Answer: A dino-saw
Dinosaur Coloring pages on Amazon
- Dinosaur Coloring Book for Kids: A collection of beautiful illustrations of dinosaurs from the Jurassic era. The images are large, showing dinosaurs engaged in their everyday activities eating, running away from predators, chasing after prey, and making a feast of their catch.
- Dinosaur Coloring Pages For Kids and Grown-Ups: The perfect way to relieve stress and aid relaxation while enjoying beautiful and highly detailed images. Each coloring page will transport you into a world of your own while your responsibilities will seem to fade away.