Corgis were originally bred to herd cattle, sheep, and horses. This breed is an active and intelligent dog breed. They are easy to train and eager to learn. Also, corgis are great with children and other pets, and you can find them in four different coat colors and markings.
Quiz About Corgis
Which is not an acceptable AKC color for the Pembroke Welsh Corgi: Blue Merle, Tricolor, Red, or Sable?
Answer: Blue Merle
The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is the shortest breed in the AKC Herding Group. True or false?
Pembroke Welsh corgis are a good choice for families with small children. True or false?
According to the AKC, Pembroke Welsh Corgis must have tails no longer than two inches. True or false?
Pembroke Welsh Corgis are only allowed to have brown eyes. True or false?
Interesting Facts About Corgis
- They are able to learn commands in 5-10 repetitions and 85% of the time they obey the command the first time.
- Coming in at just a foot tall, the Pembroke Welsh Corgi is the smallest of the herding breeds.
- Corgis evolved into two types, the Cardigan and the Pembroke, which weren’t recognized as separate breeds until the 1930s.
- While Corgis make great house pets, they are known to get heavy if they aren’t regularly exercised.
- The Corgi name originated from the Welshmen who developed the breed and called them “dwarf dog” due to their stature.
Funny Corgi Jokes
Why are most corgi jokes such a bad jokes?
Because they’re too short
What do you call an overweight corgi?
How do corgis unlock doors?
By using a Corg-key
What’s the first thing the corgi said to his date?
“Wow, you look corgeous.”
What’s a corgi’s favorite button on the remote?
The Paws button
Popular Corgi Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Scamp the Corgi Coloring book: Scamp the corgi has gone on lots of adventures, from exploring nature to just loafing around. Come along with Scamp and help his discoveries become even more colorful in 23 different scenes in this coloring book!
- Corgis Coloring Book: Discover this Corgis dog coloring book for people who love corgis. Kids and adults can also use this book when bored or need something creative activity to do.