The story about the cat in hat talks about a tall anthropomorphic cat who wears a red and white-striped hat and a red bow tie. In the story, despite the repeated objections of the children’s fish, the Cat shows the children a few of his tricks in an attempt to entertain them. In the process, he and his companions, Thing One and Thing Two wreck the house.
(LINKS TO CAT IN HAT COLORING PAGES)
Quiz About Cat in the Hat
Fill in the blank. Thing 1 and thing_________.
What did the fish land in?
Answer: A teapot
What color is the Cat in the Hat’s hat?
Answer: Red and white
What does the Cat in the Hat balance on?
Answer: A ball
What does Thing 1 and Thing 2 fly?
What does thing 1 and thing 2 do right when they come out of the box?
Answer: shake the kids’ hands
Interesting Facts About Cat in Hat
- The Cat is six feet tall, according to the original cartoon.
- He is lean for the most part but has a stomach that sticks out like most Seuss characters.
- He wears white gloves, a red tie, and, of course, his signature red and white top hat.
- Theodor Geisel created The Cat in the Hat in response to May 24, 1954, Life magazine article by John Hersey, titled “Why Do Students Bog Down on First R?
- Dr. Seuss claimed the book took nine months to complete due to the difficulty in writing a book from the 223 selected words.
Cat in Hat Quotes
- “Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun. But you have to know how.” — Dr. Seuss
- “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.” — Dr. Seuss
- “And this mess is so big. And so deep and so tall. We cannot pick it up. There is no way at all!” — Dr. Seuss,
- “The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.” — Dr. Seuss
- “He should not be here, ” said the fish in the pot. ” he should not be here when your mother is not.” — Dr. Seuss
Funny Cat in Hat Jokes
Where does the Cat in the Hat go when he’s sick?
To Dr. Seuss
What do you wear to show you care that it’s Dr. Seuss’s birthday on this early March winter day?
What does the Cat in the Hat like to eat for breakfast?
Green Eggs and Ham
What kind of musician is the Cat in the Hat?
What does the Cat in the Hat read in the morning?
What job did the Cat in the Hat have at the circus?
Cat in Hat Coloring Pages on Amazon
- The Cat In The Hat Coloring Book: This coloring book is great for anyone of all ages and makes the perfect gift for anyone in your life!
- The “Cat in the Hat” Coloring and Activity Book: Help cat lovers step away from the computer, television set or the tablet they’re attached to. Help cat lovers express their creativity while enjoy coloring these super cute Cat in Hat.