Carrots are good for your health. Packed with beta-carotene, a pigment that gives carrots their bright orange color, carrots help maintain healthy eyes, skin, teeth, and muscles.
This veggie doesn’t only brim with essential nutrients, but their sweet taste and crunchy texture also make them a favorite for everyone.
It can be served raw, roasted, boiled, mashed, and even juiced, organic carrots are an easy addition to any snack or meal.
Click on any of the carrot coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Carrot
What is a carrot?
Answer: The carrot is a root vegetable.
Carrots are usually orange in color but can also be what?
Answer: Purple, red, white, and yellow.
What type of texture does it have?
Answer: It has a crisp texture when fresh.
What is the most commonly eaten part of a carrot?
Answer: The taproot
A carrot is a domesticated form of what?
Answer: The wild carrot Daucus carota, native to Europe and southwestern Asia.
Interesting Facts About Carrot
- Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene, and contain a high amount of fiber. Beta carotene is important for eyesight, skin health, and normal growth.
- Carrots are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium, as well as vitamin B6, folate, and several minerals including calcium and magnesium.
- Carrots have a higher natural sugar content than all other vegetables with the exception of beets. This is why they make a wonderful snack when eaten raw and make a tasty addition to a variety of cooked dishes.
- Purple carrots contain purple pigments called anthocyanins, which act as antioxidants that protect the body.
- Carrots are a good source of fiber, which is good for the health of your digestive system.
- “Joan Rivers telling Lauren Bacall her dress is all wrong is like Carrot Top telling Lenny Bruce he needs to get an edge.” – Dennis Miller
- “I understand being less sexy than Osama bin Laden, but not less sexy than Carrot Top. That, I find offensive”. – Gilbert Gottfrie
- “I think I’ve been on a path ever since I was born, a path of high stress. I put myself, my career, it was a big old juicy carrot right in front of me for all of my life.” – Melissa Etheridge
- “If I have to get into a bikini, then I eat carrot sticks for three days.” – Margot Robbie
- “My brother thundered me in everything most of my life. He was a great carrot out in front of me. All I wanted to do, ever, was beat him at anything.”–John Stockton
Funny Carrot Jokes
Why did the carrot blush?
Because he saw the salad dressing!
Which vegetable betrayed Jesus?
Why did the carrot get an award?
Because he was out standing in his field!
What did one snowman say to the other?
Does it smell like carrots?
What’s a vegetable’s favorite martial art?
What’s invisible and smells like carrots?
Carrots Coloring Pages on Amazon
- I Love Carrots Kids Coloring Book: This book was created for children and kids of all ages who love to this nutritious veggie to relax and color, while also appreciating everything there is to love in life!
- Carrot Coloring Books For Kids: Do you or your kids like vegetables and coloring? If so, you will absolutely love this fantastic and amazing color book that is loaded with big characters and pattern designs on every page.