A car is a road vehicle used to carry passengers and sometimes, goods. They have four wheels and an internal combustion engine. Another name for a car is Automobile from Greek “auto” and French “mobile”. The term means “self-moving”, as cars do not require other external sources of power to move.
Here is a fun activity for kids and adults alike who love cars, and wants to relax. Click on the car coloring pages description below and bring the cars to life using different beautiful colors of your choice.
Quiz About Cars
Who invented the first car?
Which spare part should you always have in your trunk?
What is the oil used for in your car?
Lubricate engine parts and reduce friction.
Which vehicle is the best-selling of all time?
Who designed what many believe to be the world’s first affordable car?
Interesting Facts and Stats About Cars
- There are over a billion cars in use today.
- Cars usually have four wheels
- Over 12 million cars are recycled in the U.S. every year
- A car has about 30,000 parts
- The first cars used a lever, not a steering wheel? It wasn’t until 1894 that a racing car company incorporated a wheel instead of a lever.
- A car cost $825.00 in 1908? That would be like thousands of dollars today.
- “I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I’m gone.” — Steven Wright
- “I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car’s headlights and tell you exactly which way it’s coming.” — Mitch Hedberg
- “Car designers are just going to have to come up with an automobile that outlasts the payments.” — Erma Bombeck
- “I don’t like new cars; I’m into vintage cars – there’s a Jaguar E-Type in the ‘Goldie’ video.” — ASAP Rocky
- “When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.” — Ayrton Senna
- “Driving race cars was an avenue for me to learn how to build my own car, and that was my ambition all along.” — Carroll Shelby
Funny Car Jokes
What car does a snake drive? What car does a snake drive?
What do you call a Ford Fiesta out of gas? What do you call a Ford Fiesta out of gas?
A Ford Siesta!
What do you call a Spanish man who has lost his car?
What happened to the frog who parked on the double yellow lines?
Its car got toad! Its car got toad!
What did the traffic light say to the car?
Hey! Don’t look, I’m about to change!
What happened when the frog’s car broke down?
He jump-started it
What did the tornado say to the car?
Fancy going for a spin?
Popular Car Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Coloring Books For Boys Cool Cars And Vehicles: This action-packed, creative coloring book brings coloring right into the 21st century, with a unique blend of fun, exciting and modern coloring pages of the coolest cars and vehicles in the world.
- American Muscle Cars Coloring Book: The coloring book is so cool it contains a section that includes all the car images printed in a smaller size to allow you to test the colors and techniques before proceeding to work on the larger images.