Butterflies are beautiful insects found in most parts of the world. These insects play an important role in pollinating the plants, flowers, and vegetables that we need on the earth.
Other than that, everyone loves butterflies not just because of their beauty, but because they represent new beginnings — giving us hope for what the future has to bring.
Click on the butterfly coloring page description below and bring these beautiful butterflies to live using your favorite colors.
- Butterfly Wings Coloring Page
- Butterfly Landing on a Flower Coloring Page
- Butterfly Sitting in a Flower Coloring Page
- Butterfly Sitting on a Flower Coloring Page
- Butterfly on a Flower Coloring Page
- Butterfly and Caterpillar Coloring Page
- Butterfly on a Branch Coloring Page
Quiz About Butterflies
Why are butterflies so colorful?
Answer: Color is important in many ways. It functions as camouflage, to absorb heat, aids in finding a mate, serves as a warning, and in many more ways.
Which butterfly is bigger, the male or female?
Answer: Though it depends on the species, the female butterfly is often larger.
What do butterflies eat?
Answer: The majority of butterflies feed on flower nectar and pollen.
How long is a butterfly’s tongue?
Answer: Some butterflies have tongues almost as long as their body. One moth actually has a mouthpart that is three times as long as its body.
If you touch a butterfly’s wing, does it die?
Answer: Not unless you rub too many of the protective scales off.
Interesting Facts and Stats About Butterflies
- Butterflies are insects.
- Butterflies flap their wings about five times every second.
- Butterflies taste their food with their front feet.
- There are about 17,500 different species of butterflies.
- Unfortunately, some species of butterflies are endangered, and some have already become extinct.
- The highest speed of a butterfly is twelve miles per hour.
- The wing of a butterfly is very colorful. The wings are actually made up of very tiny scales.
- “I should like to present myself to the young painters of the year 2000 with the wings of a butterfly.” — Pierre Bonnard
- “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” — Muhammad Ali
- “I would say things like ‘I am the greatest! I’m pretty! If you talk jive, you’ll drop in five! I float like a butterfly, sting like a bee! I’m pretty!’ When white people heard me talking like this, some said, ‘That black man talks too much. He’s bragging.” — Muhammad Ali
- “His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly’s wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” — R. Buckminster Fuller
- “I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.” — Zhuangzi
Funny Butterfly Jokes
Why did the moth nibble a hole in the carpet?
He wanted to see a floor show.
Why did the father through butter out the window?
To watch the butter fly
Why wouldn’t the butterfly go to the dance?
It was a mothball.
I found a butterfly without wings…
So I poured some red bull on it. But, it drowned.
Did you hear about the butterfly that ate too many stones?
What does a chatty caterpillar become?
A social butterfly.
I saw a butterfly earlier.
With a tattoo of slag on its wing.
Popular Butterfly Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Butterfly Coloring Pages: These butterflies are waiting for you to give them colors and life Coloring will help your child improve his pre-writing skills and recognize colors, hue, shape, and form as well as his hand-eye coordination.
- Butterfly Coloring Sheets: These coloring pages are beautiful. They are perfect for adults and for children alike. The images are printed one-sided to avoid bleed-through, very suitable for colored pencils.