Broccoli is a great source of nutrition. It may be eaten raw or cooked. It is rich in vitamins A and C and also contains iron, calcium, and riboflavin.
Scientists have discovered that adding broccoli to the diet may also help protect the human body against certain diseases, including cancer.
Click on any of the broccoli coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Broccoli
Broccoli is a fantastic source of which nutrient?
Answer: Vitamin A and C
Roughly how many broccoli plants can grow on a single acre of land?
Roughly how much broccoli does the average person eat in a year?
Answer: 6 pounds
Which of the following vegetables is not related to broccoli: Bibb lettuce, Kale, Cabbage, Cauliflower?
Answer: Bibb lettuce
Broccoli is a fruit. True or false?
Answer: False. It’s a vegetable.
Interesting Facts About Broccoli
- This green veggie can be enjoyed both raw and cooked, but recent research shows that gentle steaming provides the most health benefits
- Raw broccoli contains almost 90% water, 7% carbs, 3% protein, and almost no fat
- Broccoli’s carbs mainly consist of fiber and sugars
- It can promote gut health, help prevent various diseases, and aid weight loss
- Broccoli is relatively high in protein, which makes up 29% of its dry weight, compared to most vegetables
- Broccoli also contains numerous other vitamins and minerals in smaller amounts. In fact, it provides a little bit of almost every nutrient you need
- Broccoli is rich in various antioxidants and plant compounds, which contribute to its health benefits
Quotes About Broccoli
- “Listen to your broccoli and it will tell you how to eat it.” — Anne Lamott
- “Don’t be a salad. Be the best god damn broccoli you can ever be.” — PewDiePie
- “I do not like broccoli. And I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I’m President of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli.” — George H. W. Bush
- “The existence of broccoli does not in any way affect the taste of chocolate.” — John Green
- “You want to save more fish? Eat more broccoli.” — Barton Seaver
Funny Jokes About Broccoli
Where did the broccoli go to buy a few drinks?
The salad bar!
What kind of socks do you need to grow broccoli?
What’s the difference between bogeys and broccoli?
Kids don’t eat broccoli!
What kind of music does broccoli listen to?
Broc and Roll!
Why could the tomato outrun the broccoli?
Because he wasn’t a vegetable!
Broccoli Coloring Pages on Amazon
- I Love Broccoli Kids Coloring Book: This book was created for children and kids of all ages who love to relax and color, while also appreciating everything there is to love in life!
- Broccoli Fun Kids Coloring Book: This coloring book, pad, and the journal is perfect for children of all ages that love to escape the distractions and troubles of everyday life by focusing on the mindfulness and creativity within coloring.