The brain is the boss of your body. It runs the show and controls just about everything you do, even when you’re asleep. It is more powerful, more complex, and more clever than any computer ever built.
The brain is constantly dealing with hundreds of messages from the world around you, and from your body, and telling your body what to do.
Click on any of the smart mind and brain coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About the Brain
Which system controls everything you do?
Answer: The nervous system
How much does a typical brain weigh?
Answer: 3lbs or 1.4kg
What is the biggest part of the brain?
Which part of the brain helps keep your balance so you don’t fall flat on your face?
Which part of the brain keeps you breathing?
Answer: Brain stem
Your emotions are believed to come from the:
Interesting Facts About the Brain
- The brain of a human contains approximately one hundred billion neurons.
- The brain can’t feel pain. It interprets pain signals sent to it, but it does not feel pain.
- The human brain gets smaller as we get older. This usually happens sometime after middle age.
- Your brain uses 20 percent of the oxygen and blood in your body.
- The human brain begins to lose some memory abilities as well as some cognitive skills by your late 20s.
Quotes About the Brain
- “There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.” — Dalai Lama
- “The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The human brain is an incredible pattern-matching machine.” — Jeff Bezos
- “I’m always doing something. I never shut my brain off. I always have something going on.” — Angelina Jolie
- “I’m raised to actually think, to use my brain.” — Jason Momoa
Funny Jokes about the Brain
Where does a neuron keep its money?
Answer: In the brain bank
What does a brain do when it sees a friend across the street?
Answer: Gives a brain wave
What do you call two neurons in jail?
What happens if you break the brain scanner?
Answer: A CATostophe
What do you get when you cross a thought with a light bulb?
Answer: A bright idea
Popular Brain Coloring Pages on Amazon
- The Human Brain Coloring Book: Book provides a means of learning about the structure and function of the human brain through a process of coloring-by-directions.
- Human Brain Student’s Self-Test Coloring Book: Anyone who requires detailed knowledge of the structures and functions of the human brain needs this self-test coloring book.