Bananas are a very popular fruit that you can find in your local stores. They are very popular to eat and also bring many health benefits. Bananas grow on a banana plant.
Although it is often called a tree, the banana plant is really a large herb. That means it does not have a woody trunk like a tree. Instead the banana plant has a stalk that looks like a tree trunk.
Click on any of the banana coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
Quiz About Banana
Under the binomial classification, banana belongs to what genus?
Where was banana first domesticated?
Answer: Papua New Guinea
The term “banana” originated from which of these regions?
Answer: West Africa
Going down the memory lane, bananas were introduced to Americans through:
Answer: Portuguese Sailors
What is the quantity of energy obtainable in a banana?
Answer: 56 Kcal
Interesting Fact About Banana
- Banana is an edible fruit that is botanically a berry.
- The banana plant is called a ‘ banana tree’ in popular use, but it’s technically regarded as a herbaceous plant ( ‘herb’) not a tree because the stem does not contain true woody tissue.
- Banana is the most popular fruit in the world: in fact, over 100 billion banana is eaten around the world every year, and around 51%of these are eaten at breakfast time.
- Banana as we know them began to be developed in Africa about 650 AD.
- The banana plant is the largest herbaceous flowering plant.
- “Intellectual property has the shelf of a banana.” — Bill Gate
- “You have to give people permission to laugh. That’s why they would always cut to the banana peel in the Laurel and Hardy movies.” — Danny DeVito
- “People….. need time to laugh. It’s up to us to bonk ourselves on the head and slip on a banana peel so the average guy can say, ‘l may be bad, honey, but I’m not as much of an idiot as that guy on the screen.” — Chris Farley
- “Without hurting anybody, we all tend to laugh at others’ discomfort. when someone slips on a banana skin and falls it’s funny.” — Shah Rukh Khan
- “My belief about acting in one foot on a banana peel and the other one in the grave.” — Mark Ruffalo
- “The adjective is the banana peel of the parts of speech.” — Clifton Fadiman
Funny Banana Jokes
Why did the banana go to the hospital?
It wasn’t peeling well!
I’m writing a book about banana peels…
It’s non_ friction!
What’s yellow and sniffs?
A banana with a cold
What kind of key opens a banana?
Why are bananas so lonely?
They hang around in bunches!
Popular Banana Coloring Pages on Amazon
- Banana Fruit Kids Coloring Book: This coloring book is perfect for children of all ages that love to escape the distractions and troubles of everyday life by focusing on the mindfulness and creativity within coloring.
- Coloring Books For Kids Banana With Fun Coloring Patterns And Shape Backgrounds: Do you or your kids like bananas and coloring? If so, you will absolutely love this fantastic and amazing color book that is loaded with big characters and pattern designs on every page.