Apples are fleshy fruits from the apple tree. The apple is one of the most grown tree fruits. It is grown in orchards. There are more than 7,000 varieties of apples grown in the world today and about 2,500 in the United States, but the crabapple is the only apple native to North America. Have fun coloring this delicious fruit as they show different moods and activities,
Click on any of the apple coloring pages below to see the full coloring page.
(LINKS TO THE APPLE COLORING PAGES)
Quiz About Apples
By combining apples with apple cider, what food is been made?
What color are Granny Smith apples?
Is it possible to die from apple seeds?
Which Greek goddess associated with an apple?
What season does the apple tree have pink and white blossoms?
Interesting Fact About Apples
- Apples are part of the rose family just like Pears and Plums.
- The apple tree originated in Central Asia. They have been grown for thousands of years in Asia and Europe and were brought to North America by European colonists.
- There are more than 8,000 Varieties of apples — the largest variety of fruit to exist.
- Apple trees are deciduous and have a period of dormancy followed by a flurry of activity in spring.
- Apple trees take 4 to 5 years to produce their first fruit
- “An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough.” — Stephen Colbert
- ” If you never tasted a bad apple you would not appreciate a good apple you have to experience life to understand life.” — Leon Brown
- “Surely the apple is the noblest of fruits.” — Henry David Thoreau
- ” Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” — Martin Luther
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” — Benjamin Franklin
Funny Apple Jokes
What did one maggot say to the other who was stuck in an apple?
Worm your way out of that one, then!
How do you get the most apples at Halloween?
Take a snorkel.
Why did Eve want to move to New York?
She fell for the big apple!
Dad, do you like baked apples?
Yes son, Why? The orchard’s on fire.
How do you make an apple turnover!
Push it downhill.