Airplanes are meant for transportation purposes. For some people, a plane reminds them of work/business. For others, fun and leisure come to mind when they think of airplanes.
Whichever is the case, airplanes can be fun! The thrill of flying over 30,000 ft above can sometimes be exhilarating — even for kids!
Here is a fun activity for kids and adults alike who love flying and coloring. Click on the airplane coloring page description below and bring the airplanes to life using your favorite colors.
Quiz About Airplanes
When was the first successful airplane invented?
Answer: December 17, 1903
Who invented the first airplane?
Answer: The Wright brothers
What helped the Wright Brothers invent the airplane?
What age do you have to be to become a pilot?
Answer: At least 21, otherwise you can’t get a pilot’s license for an aircraft.
How many seats does a plane that flies long distances have?
Answer: For some, over 500. It can be less.
Why can’t planes go in reverse?
Answer: Planes can go in reverse. You can put the engines in reverse, and the plane will roll. But pilots are not allowed to since then they can’t see where they’re going.
Interesting Facts and Stats About Airplanes
- The world’s largest airplane weighs nearly 600 tons.
- Airplanes can trigger lightning.
- Plane doors can’t open in mid-flight.
- Pilots and co-pilots eat different meals on a flight.
- Your taste buds change in flight.
- Traveling by plane is the safest way to get around.
- Long-haul flights have secret bedrooms and a bathroom for flight attendants.
- The world’s smallest plane weighs only 358.8 pounds.
- “And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot’s own.” — Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings
- “An airplane should never lean too much to the left or the right because it puts every passenger into a panic and fear. Politics are much the same. Better to be balanced on both sides than to fly on a crazy angle.” — Rebecca McNutt
- “Perhaps, mites in airplane
- is just like human on planet.” — Toba Beta, Betelgeuse Incident: Insiden Bait Al-Jauza
- “A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step………the step taken to climb the ladder which gets you into the airplane…” — Ankala Subbarao
- “When I realized that I could not get the WiFi entertainment system to work on the Boeing 737 Max, my thoughts were: What else is faulty on this airplane?” — Steven Magee
- “There’s only one job in this world that gives you an office in the sky, and that is pilot.” — Mohith Agadi
Funny Airplane Jokes
Will invisible airplanes ever be a thing?
I just can’t see them taking off.
Why did the airplane get sent to his room?
Why do flight attendants make great astronauts?
They took up space in school.
What has a nose and flies but can’t smell?
I asked a flight attendant to change my seat because of a crying baby next to me.
It turns out you can’t do that if the baby is yours.
I decided to leave work an hour early today.
The flight attendants started freaking out when I grabbed my parachute, though.
What did the football player say to the flight attendant?
“Put me in coach.”
Airplane Coloring Books on Amazon
If you love coloring, and airplanes especially, just like the one above, we recommend the following airplane coloring books on Amazon.
- Aeroplanes, Helicopters and Everything That Flies: Whether jumbo jet, police helicopter, firefighting plane, transport helicopter, jetliner, old biplane, waterplane, drone, or refueling aircraft, you’ll find them in this coloring book.
- Antique Airplanes Coloring Book (Dover History Coloring Book): Forty-one drawings reproduce antique and historical airplanes from the Wright Flyer of 1903 through World War II and the dawn of the jet age: British, French, American, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, and others. Each airplane is described briefly, with complete instructions for accurate coloring.